Cilantro Lime Chicken
This simple and delicious recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken is bursting with flavor. Serve on a bed of coconut rice or top with some chopped avocado for a tasty meal everyone will love!
Winner winner chicken dinner! If you’re looking for some new and incredibly tasty chicken recipes this Cilantro Lime Chicken is one you’re definitely going to need to try! This simple recipe only requires a few ingredients that blend so beautifully in a delicious marinade that is bursting with flavor!
The secret to this recipe is to let the chicken marinade overnight. The marinade only takes a few minutes to whip up then toss the chicken in a resealable bag and pour in half of the marinade. Seal it up and let the marinade go to work overnight. Trust me letting it marinade overnight it worth the wait! The juices infuse into the chicken making it so incredibly juicy and delicious!
What I like to do is toss all the ingredients for the marinade in a mason jar, shake it up and pour half of the marinade in with the chicken. Cover the jar and save the rest of the marinade to brush on the chicken as a finishing sauce when it’s almost done cooking for some extra added juicy flavor. Trust me once you try this recipe you’ll want to make it again and again!
This Cilantro Lime Chicken is great served with a side of coconut rice and some steamed veggies. Coconut rice is super easy to make. Simply use canned coconut milk in place of water. You can even add a splash of lime juice in as well. The rice soaks up all that creamy coconut milk that makes it so yummy and a perfect compliment with this Cilantro Lime Chicken. This is one chicken dinner you’re entire family will love!
Love this recipe? You can also find this delicious recipe on my weekly meal plan along with my meal planning podcasts on The 29 Minute Mom!Print
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 lime (juiced (1/4 cup))
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 small garlic clove (minced)
- 4 6 ounce each boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teapoon black pepper
- In a small bowl mix together cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey and garlic until combined.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag and pour half the marinade in with chicken.
- Seal bag and massage marinade into chicken. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Reserve remaining marinade for serving.
- When ready to cook, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag discarding juices and bag and place chicken in skillet.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes per side until cooked thoroughly.
- The last few minutes of cooking brush some of the remaining marinade on chicken.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place a platter. Drizzle any remaining reserved marinade over chicken and serve.
For best results let chicken marinate overnight.
Chicken can also be grilled or on a indoor electric grill too!