Cheesy Sausage Bread
Whip up this delicious Cheesy Sausage Bread in minutes with just a few simple ingredients! Serve with a side of warm marinara for a meal or appetizer everyone will love!
Wow! There is SO MUCH goodness going on in this Cheesy Sausage Bread!
Have you ever had sausage bread before? If not, you’re in for a real treat. If you have, then I bet you’re craving some right now!
Sausage bread is obviously bread with sausage in it. There are a variety of sausage breads, some are actually breads with sausage in it, others will be chunks of chopped sausage links. If you searched sausage bread (not to be mistaken for sausage rolls) you’re bound to find a ton of varieties.
This my friends is my version and I must say it’s the pretty amazing! Not only is this Cheesy Sausage Bread loaded with yumminess, it’s super easy to make! With a pound of breakfast sausage roll, a tube of prepared pizza dough, a little cream cheese, shredded cheese, butter and some spices you can whip up this Cheesy Sausage Bread in no time.
This makes a perfect party app (think ahead to football season), a summer picnic, or even as a meal. No matter how you serve it, everyone will sure love it!
The best way to serve this is warm, not hot. I like to let it sit for a good 15-20 minutes after I bake it before I slice it up. Even if it gets cool it’s still really good which is why it makes a great party app or to even take to a picnic.
While this sausage bread is mighty tasty just on its own, serving it with some warm marinara for dipping on the side takes it to another level. Seriously once you try this you’ll see why.
Cheesy Sausage Bread
- Yield: 8
- Category: Appetizer, bread
- 1 pound pork sausage roll
- 1 tube (13 ounce) refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded Italian-style or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups marinara for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and crumble sausage. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Open pizza crust and place onto lined baking sheet. If needed fix sides so the shape of crust is a rectangle.
- In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lightly spread mixture over crust leaving about 1 inch border around the sides.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage on top then shredded cheese.
- Gently roll it up lengthwise.
- Pinch seam shut and place seam side down.
- In a small bowl mix together remaining garlic powder with butter and parsley flakes.
- Brush butter mixture on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm with a side of marinara for dipping.
I used Bob Evans Original Pork Sausage Roll. You can use Pillsbury pizza crust or store brand. You can find this is in the refrigerated section usually near the crescent rolls.