3 Ingredient Donuts
Craving donuts? Then you are just 3 ingredients away from making these yummy 3 Ingredient Donuts!
Who doesn’t love donuts? My family loves them, especially my daughter. Vanilla dipped donuts are her favorite!
Buffalo has some amazing donut shops! If you’re ever in the area make sure you stop by Paula’s Donuts for some tasty donuts! I test my willpower every time I go by a Paula’s Donuts. They’re the best! Thankfully I don’t live near one so I’m not tempted all the time.
The next best thing to going to Paula’s Donuts is making them at home. And these easy, 3 ingredient donuts couldn’t be any easier to make and they’re perfect for when a donut craving hits, or if I just want to surprise my kiddos with some donuts for a treat!
With just 3 ingredients you can whip up these tasty donuts in no time! All you need is:
- 1 tube of jumbo flaky biscuits.
- 1/2 of a container of vanilla frosting (or if you prefer chocolate, a container of chocolate frosting)
We like to make vanilla or chocolate dipped donuts, here are a few other ways to enjoy these as well!
After the donuts are done while they are warm, spray them with butter spray, or dip in melted butter, and then toss them in one of the following:
- Powdered sugar
- Cinnamon and sugar
We usually do the vanilla or chocolate dipped donuts just because we can’t resist sprinkles!
There are a few ways you can make these:
- Bake in a 350 degree oven on a parchment lined baking sheet for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
- Air Fry in a 350 degree air fryer for about 4-5 minutes then flip and bake a few minutes longer.
If you are doing vanilla or chocolate dipped donuts you want them to cool first before dipping in the frosting.
Now here’s my favorite frosting hack that I’ve used for years! Simply take your container of frosting, remove the seal and scoop out a few spoonfuls of frosting into a shallow microwave container. Microwave for 20-30 seconds just until the frosting pourable. Don’t overheat.
Then simply dip your yummy donuts in the frosting, place on a wire rack and add sprinkles! Easy peasy my friends!
And how would these be for the different seasons too! Think cute festive fall or Christmas sprinkles! So many ways to enjoy these easy and tasty 3 ingredient donuts!
If you try these, make sure you snap a pic and tag me @motherthyme! I’d love to see what you’ve made! And check out my Instagram stories/highlights where I show how easy these are to make in the air fryer!Print
3 Ingredient Donuts
- Yield: 8 donuts
- 1 tube jumbo flaky biscuits (like Pillsbury or store brand)
- 1/2 container vanilla or chocolate frosting
- 1/4 C sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line with parchment paper.
- Remove biscuits from tube and place on baking sheet. Use a small biscuit cutter or something similar to cut a hole out of the center of each biscuit. Spray each with butter spray, optional.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- AIR FRYER – Remove biscuits from tube and place a on a large baking sheet or tray. I still use a baking sheet. Use a small biscuit cutter or similar to cut a hole out of the center of each biscuit. Spray each with butter spray, optional.
- Place 3 in the air fryer, depending on the size of your air fryer. Don’t overcrowd so they have room to expand. Bake for 4-5 minutes, flip and bake for a few minutes longer. Remove and continue until are are done.
- Allow donuts to cool.
- Once cooled, scoop about 1/2 of the frosting in a shallow microwave safe bowl. Microwave for just 20-30 seconds until the frosting is pourable, don’t overheat.
- Dip each donut into frosting and place on wire rack, add sprinkles. If frosting thickens up, just reheat for a few seconds until it thins out.
- Let frosting harden then dig in and enjoy!
Alternatively you can toss donuts in powdered sugar, cinnamon or cinnamon and sugar. After donuts are baked, spray with butter or or dip in melted butter. Add some powdered sugar, cinnamon or cinnamon and sugar to a large Ziploc bag, add donuts and toss until coated. These are really good like this served warm!
For extra yumminess, before baking, spray with butter cooking spray and sprinkle with sugar!