Easy Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts
If you love Pop Tarts or even pie, then you’re going to love these easy Homemade Pop Strawberry Pop Tarts! With just a few ingredients you can whip up these tasty hand pies in minutes!
My son and I love pop tarts. I don’t buy them often, but when I do, they’re quite tasty! Good thing I don’t get them too much, but when I see them on sale I can’t pass up a good deal.
These easy Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts takes it to another level of yumminess. If you love pop tarts, then just wait until you try these! It’s essentially a hand pie, but once you add frosting and sprinkles it turns into one tasty pop tart no one can pass up!
This fun little treat is great to make for your kiddos, or even have your kiddos help make. What kid wouldn’t love dipping these into frosting or adding sprinkles. It’s a fun and easy treat anyone would love to do.
You can even get festive with these too and use seasonal sprinkles for the holidays or special occasions! So fun and easy!
All week I’ve be sharing kid-approved back to school breakfast ideas! I’ve teamed up with Busy Bee Gift and Stationary to bring you some easy back to school breakfast ideas that you can whip up before heading out the door. We want you and your kiddos day to shine bright!
Shine Bright Collection
This Shine Bright Collection is from Busy Bee Gift and Stationary which includes:
- Shine Bright Cup
- Package of Shine Bright napkins to tuck in lunch boxes or to have at your kitchen table.
- 2 stickers
- Scripture Cards
I’m in love with the scripture cards! These are great to tuck in lunch boxes or to have placed at your kiddos place setting for them to ready as they start their day and enjoy their breakfast. You can have one or a few at their place setting for them to read so they can fill up on God’s word, or just focus on one card a week, so they can repeat it day after day. The collection of scripture cards are great not just for breakfast, but to read throughout the day.
The Shine Bright Collection comes bundled up nicely, so perfect to get one and give one! CLICK HERE to find out more about the SHINE BRIGHT COLLECTION and to purchase one today!Print
Easy Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts
- Yield: 4 pop tarts
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (14.1 oz with 2 pie crusts)
- 6 teaspoons strawberry jam
- 1 cup store bought vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- Roll out pie crusts and cut the rounded edges with a pizza cutter to create a large rectangle, then cut in the center each way to get 4 equal size pieces from each crust. After cutting both crusts, you should have 8 pieces.
- Add a small dollop of strawberry jam (about 1 1/2 teaspoons) in the center of 4 of the bottom crusts. Don't overfill.
- Top filling with remaining piece of cut crust. Trim edges if needed so it's even then seal and crimp edges with a back of a fork. Poke a few holes in the center of crust as well.
- Place 4 pies on baking sheet. Bake on the center rack for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, add 1 cup frosting to a shallow microwave safe dish and microwave for just about 20-30 seconds until frosting will drizzle off a spoon easily and has the consistency of a glaze. Let cool slightly if needed.
- Gently dip front part of cooled pie into the glaze and place on a cooling rack. Add a piece of wax paper underneath for any drippings. Top with sprinkles. Let frosting set.
If desired, you can take the cut pie scraps, roll in a ball and roll out again to be able to make 1 more pie, or just cut up and place a on baking sheet. Sprinkle with some cinnamon and sugar and make pie chips!
This looks like the most perfect breakfast!