Dive into the Ultimate Philly Cheesesteak without even leaving the kitchen! With just few simple ingredients you can whip up this delicious meal the whole family will love any night of the week!
Looking for some easy, weeknight meals the entire family will love? Then you’ll want to add the Ultimate Philly Cheesesteak to your dinner menu. My family loves these!
So what makes these the ultimate? Let’s be honest, it’s
Cheez Whiz. Yes, Cheez Whiz. The “cheese” you find in the jar. Trust me, if you want a good authentic philly cheesesteak, then add the Cheez Whiz.
Ever since I’ve tried it this way, adding provolone just isn’t the same. There is something about the Cheez Whiz that makes this sandwich magical, like I stepped on to the streets of Philadelphia to get a philly cheesesteak.
I’ll be honest, you can use the brand name Cheez Whiz, or if you shop regularly at Aldi you can use the store brand too. That’s what I do. Whatever you prefer, but no matter what add one of them!
What you need
- A few sliced onions, preferably sweet like Vidalia
- A little olive oil and/or butter – for onions
- Shaved beef steak – you can find this in the meat section. I get it at Aldi and Walmart
- Hoagie rolls – I use the deli-style hoagie rolls from Aldi
- Butter – just a few tablespoons to melt
- Garlic powder – just a pinch
- Cheez Whiz – or store brand
Watch how easy this weeknight meal is to put together! Serve with french fries and a salad for a yummy meal the entire family will love!
If you try this recipe, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram at motherthyme! I love to see what you make!Print