Ground Beef Pepper Steak Rice Bowls
Everything you love about pepper steak made with ground beef for a delicious, budget-friendly meal the the entire family will love.
Looking for an easy and delicious dinner idea? Then you’ll want to add this recipe to your menu! It will become a family favorite.
EASY PREP AHEAD MEAL
Not only is this Ground Beef Pepper Steak full of flavor it’s so easy to make too and is a great prep ahead meal.
I love making prep ahead meals. It’s saves me time in the kitchen when I’m ready to make dinner, and I’m not left with a ton of dishes to clean up. Who doesn’t love that?
You can prep this the night before, or even prep in the morning to give the meat a little time to marinate in the yummy sauce.
USE FROZEN DICED VEGGIES TO SAVE TIME
Another time saver I like to use is frozen diced onions and peppers. It saves me time chopping. You can purchase frozen diced peppers and onions or dice them yourself and freeze. Have a handy chopper like THIS ONE that I have makes chopping a breeze and you can chop a bunch and freeze to always have on hand.
The best thing is you can easily purchase them already chopped if you don’t want to spend time to chop them.
You can purchase diced peppers and onions frozen together but I prefer purchasing diced onions and peppers separately. I usually get them at Tops, but many groceries stores sell diced onions and peppers.
CAN YOU FRESH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
Absolutely! You can totally use fresh peppers and onions. Just dice them and let them cook a few minutes before adding the ground beef so they get nice and tender.
READY IN UNDER 30 MINUTES
Not only is this dinner easy, and yummy it’s a quick 30 minute meal. Actually under 30 minutes you can have dinner on the table, thanks to having it prepped ahead.
Start by getting your rice going. You can use your favorite method of cooking rice or use boil in a bag, Minute Rice (we love the Jasmine minute rice), or my favorite method of cooking rice is in the Instant Pot.
INSTANT POT RICE
Instant Pot Rice is so easy! I add 2 cups long grain rice with 2 cups water to my Instant Pot. Cover and seal. Set to manual time to 8 minutes and that’s it.
Once it’s done let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Once the time hits 10 minutes, manually release the rest.
My kids love my butter rice. I’ll stir in butter and salt to the rice. It’s so good.
For Ground Beef Pepper Steak Rice Bowls I just add a pinch of salt to the rice. Sometimes I like to add a little extra seasoning. I love the Kinders Buttery Garlic Salt which I’ll add into the rice too.
Need less rice?
If you don’t need that much rice you can easily drop it to 1 cup rice to 1 cup water. Cover and seal and set manual time to 6 minutes. Once it’s done let it naturally release for 10 minutes then manually release the rest.Print
Ground Beef Pepper Steak Rice Bowls
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup frozen diced peppers, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions, thawed
- 3/4 cup beef broth or water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar*
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cooked white rice**
- In a mason jar or bowl mix together beef broth OR water, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- DON’T ADD CORNSTARCH YET.
PREP GROUND BEEF
- Add ground beef to a gallon resealable bag.
- Season the ground beef with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Add 1/2 cup of the marinade to ground beef.
- Seal bag and mix marinade in the ground beef. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Add 1 cup frozen diced peppers and 1/2 cup frozen diced onions to a bowl to defrost.
- If not using frozen veggies, dice and place in a small bowl, container or bag until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground beef mixture and thawed peppers and onions and cook, stirring until ground beef is cooked through.
- Whisk cornstarch into reserve marinade until dissolved.
- Stir marinade into ground beef.
- Reduce heat to low or simmer for 1-2 minutes until sauce is heated through.
- Season with additional salt to taste.
- Add rice to bowl and top with ground beef mixture
- * If you adjust the brown sugar down to 3 tablespoons if you prefer it less sweet.
- ** You can use cooked rice or cauliflower rice. Cook rice using your preferred cooking method, or use boil in a bag or minute rice.
- To cook rice in Instant Pot add 2 cups rice with 2 cups water into Instant Pot. Cover and seal. Set time to 8 minutes. After it’s done, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then manually release the remaining pressure.
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog!