Growing up, a family summer picnic was not complete without Pinky Winky. Honestly, I don’t know how it got it’s name but that’s what we always called it. My aunt would always make this refreshing salad that is a hit with both the kids and the adults. This bright salad not only makes a nice side dish, but could even be served as a dessert.
- 3 oz raspberry jello (or 1 package sugar free jello)
- 16 oz small curd cottage cheese
- 20 oz crushed pineapple (drained)
- 11 oz mandarin oranges (drained)
- 8 oz cool whip (thawed)
- In a large bowl mix together jello and cottage cheese until combined.
- Fold in pineapple and oranges, then fold in cool whip.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.