Layered Greek Dip
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounce (1 container) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Pinch of fresh pepper
- 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, rinsed and drained -or- 3/4 cup plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- Tortilla chips, pita chips, flatbread or vegetables for serving
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt in a food processor. While food processor is running, stream in extra virgin olive oil until creamy.
- Spread hummus on the bottom of a 9 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, diced cucumber, lemon juice, dill, garlic powder until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on top of hummus.
- In a medium bowl toss together tomatoes, olives, feta, cucumber.
- Sprinkle on top of dip.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.