Nut and Chicken Berry Salad with Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 cup fresh chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Nut and Berry Chicken Salad
- 1 package (5 ounce) spinach and spring lettuce mix (or similar)
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced (about 1 large chicken breast)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces pancetta, cooked (or cooked crumbled bacon)
- In a food processor or blender add strawberries, balsamic vinegar, onion, sugar and salt and blend until smooth.
- While running, stream in olive oil and poppy seeds.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Toss all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Before serving toss with desired amount of dressing.