Cake Batter Pancakes
- 1 C confetti cake mix
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 C sprinkles (plus additional for topping)
- 2 C confectioners sugar
- 3–4 tablespoons milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- In a large mixing or batter bowl mix together cake mix (just the dry mix from the box) flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl mix together milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract. (I use the bowl I melted the butter in.) Alternatively you can make a well in the center of the dry flour ingredients and add the wet.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until blended.
- Heat griddle or large pancaking pan over medium heat. Spray with non stick cooking spray if needed. Make sure pan is hot before adding batter. Add about 1/4 C (or more depending how big you want the pancakes) of batter to pan. Sprinkle some sprinkles on each pancake if desired. Cook for a few minutes. Once pinholes begin to form on top or you carefully lift up the edge of pancakes and the edges are brown carefully flip and continue to cook the other side.
- Continue to cook until all the batter is used.
- In a medium bowl mix together confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla until combined and creamy. If mixture is too thick, add a little more milk until desired consistency. If mixture is too thin, add more confectioners sugar.
- Drizzle glaze over pancakes and add more sprinkles.