It is love at first bite with these melt-in-your-mouth Lemon Wedding Cookies. Once you try these, you will want to make them again and again!
These soft and buttery Lemon Wedding Cookies were not on the lineup for today however if you join me on Facebook I was talking about the Pistachio Wedding Cookies a few days ago which these are very similar to. By request I decided to post the recipe to the Lemon Wedding Cookies because these are to good not to share.
These were actually intended to be in the Summer Thyme cookbook. I pulled them last minute as I swapped it for another recipe I wanted to include in the cookbook instead. This recipe has been sitting in the vault for almost a year but I am so happy to publish it for you all to enjoy!
Unlike most of my posts lately that include step by step photos that I hope you are enjoying, these do not as these photos were taken awhile ago for the cookbook. No worries, these are so easy to make that those photos aren’t really necessary.
The unofficial end to summer is this weekend which is hard to believe. Many of us will be soaking in the last rays of summer until it comes to a close. Since we are saying goodbye to summer and looking ahead to fall I thought I would share with you a little something to enjoy these last few weeks of summer with. If you own a Kindle or have the Kindle app on your computer, tablet or smartphone you are in luck! Today and tomorrow ONLY you can download a copy of my cookbook Summer Thyme on Amazon for FREE. Pretty exciting! The cookbook includes over 50 NEW recipes that are not included on the blog except for the Key Lime Angel Food Cake which I featured when the book was released. Other than that, all the recipes including Chipotle Turkey Burgers, Slow Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken Breasts, my simple and easy Fruit Dip, Pineapple No Bake Cheesecake, Lemon Chia Seed Waffles with Honey Lemon Syrup just to name a few you, can’t find on the blog but you can find in the cookbook. So grab your copy for FREE before this offers ends!
Click HERE to download your free copy. Offer ends at the end of the day August 30th!
If you don’t have a Kindle or Kindle app, the book is available for purchase on Amazon! You can click HERE to order your copy.
Don’t forget to pin and print this recipe! If you have tried and love the Pistachio Wedding Cookies you will love these! If you haven’t tried either yet, you will want to make these soon. Trust me, this is one amazing cookie!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest (optional)
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3.4oz package lemon instant pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter. Beat in ½ cup sugar until fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, pudding mix and salt. Gradually mix flour mixture into wet ingredients until combined.
- Divide dough in half and form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from plastic wrap and make teaspoon size balls. Place on baking sheets and press down on the balls slightly spacing them about 1 inch part.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Don't overbake. Remove from oven and let them sit on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. While cookies are still warm toss them in remaining confectioners sugar and set on wire rack until cooled completely.
- Store in airight containers.
More lemon favorites
Lemon Sugar Cookies with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
Lemon Cake Pie
Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Lemon Butter
Lemon and Asaragus Risotto
Lemon Cream Pie Frozen Yogurt