It has been far to long since I shared a recipe that includes Nutella.
Just because there has been a lack of Nutella recipes on Mother Thyme recently doesn’t mean there isn’t a jar or two of this tasty hazelnut spread hanging in my pantry. Like Biscoff, Nutella is one of those spreads that you just need a spoon and a jar of this amazing stuff to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Nothing beats homemade granola bars. If you are a Nutella fan you are going to love these. These Nutella Granola Bars are fantastic! Just the right amount of Nutella incorporated into granola bars that have perfect firmness and right amount of texture. Best part, these are so simple to whip up. You just need one bowl, one pan a few ingredients and 30 minutes to whip up these delicious little bars that make the ultimate snack.
Looking for more Nutella or Granola recipes? Check out these recipes below.
Nutella Granola Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cool
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper letting it drape slightly over the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl stir together rolled oats, rice krispies, coconut flakes and flax seed. Add in honey, Nutella, butter, vanilla extract and pecans and stir until blended.
- Spread and press evenly onto parchment lined baking pan and bake in a preheated oven on the center rack for 30 minutes until top is golden brown. Cool pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- When pan is cool to the touch, lift parchment paper from pan and set granola on parchment pan until cooled completely.
- Cut evenly down the center and then cut each section into 4 evenly sized bars per section.
- Store in an airtight container.