I use Nature’s Kitchen fresh mango salsa you find in the produce or refrigerated section, not the jarred salsa. If you can’t find it, here’s an easy homemade version!
- 1 ripe mango – peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1-2 tablespoons diced red onion (depending on how much onion you like. If you don’t like onion, leave it out.)
- 1-2 tablespoons diced red pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro (or however much you like. Not a fan of cilantro? Leave it out or add less.)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Pinch of minced ginger, optional but really enhances the flavor even more!
- Pinch of salt
Just toss together and refrigerate until ready to eat! It’s great with tortilla chips, or with salmon too! Such a freshy summery salsa!
For the chicken you can use leftover or rotisserie chicken. If you don’t have that you can easily make some chicken. My preferred way is to rub a few chicken breasts with olive oil and your favorite chicken seasoning blend and place on a foil lined baking sheet and pop in a 425 degree oven on the center rack for about 20-25 minutes depending on size and thickness of your chicken until cooked. I love my Every Herb Blend on chicken. Check the temperature to make sure it’s cooked then remove from oven and loosely cover with foil for about 10 minutes to let rest. Then transfer to a cutting board and slice for easy yummy chicken!