Get ready to dive into these super easy and tasty Mango Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls! This will certainly become a busy weeknight favorite!
I think this is one of my most favorite meals I have made in awhile! It’s loaded with flavor in every bite! Just wait until you try it.
Not only is this meal a weeknight favorite, it’s is easy to make. It’s so easy that’s really hard to even classify it as a recipe. You just need a few store bought ingredients to enjoy this semi-homemade, shortcut recipe.
So what do you need? Just 6 ingredients!
- Cooked chicken – This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken, or a store-bought rotisserie chicken. I also have become a fan of the Trader Joe’s frozen cooked sliced chicken too. Just heat and eat! There are other brands that make this too.
- Fresh mango salsa – not the stuff found in a jar down one of the aisles, you want the fresh stuff! I get mine in the produce section. See the picture below. If you can’t find it, I included an easy recipe for mango salsa.
- Cooked rice – any kind you like. I like to use Jasmine Minute Rice, or you can cook rice in your instant pot (1 cup rice/1 cup white long grain rice, cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes, natural release for 10). You could also use cauliflower rice.
- Sliced avocado
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Lime – optional
That’s it! Six simple ingredients that you can easily grab at the grocery store, or if you prefer make yourself!
Easy Cooked Chicken recipe perfect for salads
You could make chicken too either in your slow cooker, or instant pot. I have a recipe for my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken that you could shred or slice.
My preferred way is to rub a few chicken breasts with olive oil and your favorite chicken seasoning blend and place on a foil lined baking sheet and pop in a 425 degree oven on the center rack for about 20-25 minutes depending on size and thickness of your chicken until cooked. I love my Every Herb Blend on chicken. Check the temperature to make sure it’s cooked then remove from oven and loosely cover with foil for about 10 minutes to let rest. Then transfer to a cutting board and slice for easy yummy chicken!
Easy peasy homemade mango salsa
If you can’t find the store bought mango salsa, you can quickly whip it up at home with just a few ingredients:
- 1 ripe mango – peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1-2 tablespoons diced red onion (depending on how much onion you like. If you don’t like onion, leave it out.)
- 1-2 tablespoons diced red pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro (or however much you like. Not a fan of cilantro? Leave it out or add less.)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Pinch of minced ginger, optional but really enhances the flavor even more!
- Pinch of salt
Just toss together and refrigerate until ready to eat! It’s great with tortilla chips, or with salmon too! Such a freshy summery salsa!
To put this dish together I like create a “burrito bowl” – part salad, part Chipotle inspired burrito bowl. Layers of goodness so when you dive in you get a little bit of everything. Those are the best bites!
Once you try this recipe I’m sure you’ll have it on repeat too!
If you try this or any of my recipes or DIY projects I’d love to share! Please snap a picture and share! Tag me on Instagram @motherthyme!Print