- 3 chicken breast (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced ginger
- 2 (13.5 oz) cans coconut milk
- 4 cups (32 oz) chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 oz thin rice noodles
- 1 large or 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups fresh beans sprouts
- 2 jalapenos, finely sliced
- 2 limes
- Cilantro for garnish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a slow cooker, add the coconut milk, broth, garlic, ginger, chicken, soy sauce, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Return to pot. Add the rice noodles, bell pepper and sprouts. Cook 30 more minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve each bowl garnished with sliced jalapeno, cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice.
Adapted from Bev Cooks