A delicious Chickpea and Edamame Salad — enjoy as a light meal or as a delicious side dish.
- 2 (15.5oz each) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup edamame (soy beans)
- 1/3 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, edamame, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, dried cranberries, minced garlic and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine grapeseed oil, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, basil and rosemary. Whisk until blended.
- Pour dressing over chick peas and gently toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled.
You can find shelled edamame in the produce section. I find it more economical to purchase frozen edamame, cook them quickly and they easily pop out of the pods.