A delicious Chickpea and Edamame Salad — enjoy as a light meal or as a delicious side dish.
Chickpea and Edamame Salad
- 2 15.5oz each cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup edamame soy beans
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl combine chickpeas, edamame, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, dried cranberries, minced garlic and set aside.
In a small bowl combine grapeseed oil, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, basil and rosemary. Whisk until blended.
Pour dressing over chick peas and gently toss.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Chill for at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
You can find shelled edamame in the produce section. I find it more economical to purchase frozen edamame, cook them quickly and they easily pop out of the pods.
For best results after rinsing chickpeas wrap them in a towel and lightly roll them back and forth on the counter to easily remove skins. This is completely optional.