I recently saw this quote on Pinterest that has stuck with me.
- 3-4 cups chicken stock or low sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup arborio rice or medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan for serving (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan bring chicken stock or broth and cinnamon stick to a simmer.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a large deep skillet or large saucepan.
- Add rice and coat with butter. Stir in wine and gently stir until absorbed.
- Gradually add in about 1 cup of stock or broth into rice and stir occasionally until absorbed. Continue stirring in about 1 cup of stock or broth in at a time stirring occasionally until rice is al dente, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in pumpkin until incorporated.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup followed by parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with freshly shaved parmesan cheese.
Pumpkin pie spice is a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice. Drizzle pumpkin wedges with olive oil and coarse salt and roast in 425 degree Fahrenheit oven until tender for about 20 minutes. Serve roasted pumpkin wedges in risotto.