There are some foods that really get me excited.
The first time I made these Buffalo Chicken Burgers it was love at first bite. Being a Buffalonian I love all things Buffalo, including Buffalo Chicken. I also know the secret on how to make Buffalo chicken, like the famous wings so mouthwatering. After the wings are cooked, they are then tossed in the Buffalo wing sauce we all love.
That is when the light bulb went off with these Buffalo Chicken Burgers. Why not toss the burgers in the wing sauce after they are cooked, just like the wings are.
Holy moly you guys, these burgers are amazing. If you love Buffalo sauce, and I don’t know many people that don’t, you have to try these burgers. Have I mentioned that these are amazing?
If you are watching your carbs and/or not eating bread, these also make great bun-less burgers. They have so much flavor, that even without a bun they are simply fabulous and so filling. Also try these burgers in a lettuce wrap. Just cut the burger in half, dip it in wing sauce, add in a wrap and sprinkle a little gorgonzola on top. Super yummy!
Trust me, you definitely want to make these soon! Your taste buds will thank you.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup hot pepper sauce
- ⅓ cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- Pinch of black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup iceburg lettuce chopped, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl mix ground chicken, 1 tablespoon hot sauce, 1 tablespoon gorgonzola cheese, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, celery seed and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Cook patties in skillet 5-7 per side until cooked thoroughly.
- Add remaining hot sauce to a shallow dish.
- Add burgers into hot sauce, turning to coat.
- Place burgers on buns. Top with lettuce and remaining gorgonzola cheese.
More Buffalo favorites –
Find my next cookbook Summer Thyme available on Amazon May 31st!