An easy recipe for Cranberry Sauce with a hint of orange, cinnamon and ginger, that you will enjoy throughout the holiday season.
Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. Are you ready?
Cranberry Sauce is a staple side dish on any Thanksgiving menu. It goes so well with turkey. If you have never made Cranberry Sauce before you will want to give this easy recipe a try. Once you try this, you may never want to buy it in a can again.
It is so good and smells amazing when cooking on the stove. It is worth making just for the lovely aroma it leaves in the kitchen.
I could literally eat this alone. I actually enjoy it as a little dessert with a dollop of creamy vanilla yogurt. It is even nice served over a simple pound cake and whipped cream. Yummy!
The secret to my Cranberry Sauce is orange juice and a few staple spices. It couldn’t be any easier to make and you can make it a day or so ahead of time so it is nice and chilled when ready to serve.
You will love this Cranberry Sauce throughout the holiday season not just for Thanksgiving, but any of your holiday meals.
- 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until cranberries burst and sauce thickens, about 10-12 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and chill until ready to serve.