This post is sponsored by Tuttorosso
Simple and delicious pretty much sums up this tasty little recipe for Baked Tomato Basil Ravioli. It’s one of my favorite meals that is on my dinner menu at least once a month and it’s probably one of the easiest. With a bag of your favorite frozen cheese ravioli, a can of Tuttorosso® crushed tomatoes, a few tablespoons of Tuttorosso® tomato paste, lots of freshly chopped basil, some shredded Italian cheese, a little grated parm and a pinch of salt and pepper is all you need to make this tasty recipe that is full of flavor.
If you have never made Baked Ravioli before you are in for a real treat. It’s an effortless, no fuss meal that you can make in no time. But don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this recipe. It is bursting with fresh tomato and basil flavor, one of my favorites especially during the summer months yet a perfect recipe to keep in your repertoire year round. It’s the perfect dish to make for a crowd or for the family on a busy weeknight. And if you feel so inclined serve along with a tossed salad and some fresh bread for a complete meal.
I’m fussy when it comes to certain ingredients. My philosophy is if you are spending the time and money into making a recipe it’s best to use good quality ingredients. Why spend the time making a recipe if you aren’t using good quality ingredients, right? One ingredient I’m particularly fussy about is canned tomatoes. I use them all the time for a variety of recipes like sauce, soups, stews, chili. I don’t think a week goes by that I’m not grabbing a can of tomatoes in my pantry. It’s definitely a staple item in my kitchen. I like canned tomatoes whether they are whole, diced, crushed, you name it to taste like it was freshly picked from the garden. I’ll be honest, I’ve tried a lot of different brands throughout the years and one of my favorites is Tuttorosso®. You can taste the difference and the quality from the very first bite. Tuttorosso® is a family owned company that has been growing tomatoes for over 70 years. Their fresh, vine-ripened, Non-GMO tomatoes are picked at the peak of freshness and canned in a Non BPA/BPS lined cans in little as three hours. They come from farms that have invested generations of knowledge and a love of the land to produce the best-tasting tomatoes. The quality found in each can is one you can see, feel, smell, and taste.
Tuttorosso® crushed tomatoes combined with fresh basil turn this simple Baked Ravioli into something irresistible that you’ll want to make again and again. And be sure to also check out my recipe for Pomodoro Sauce using Tuttorosso tomatoes. It’s so good!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag #motherthyme with the Mother Thyme recipes you make. I love to see what everyone is cooking!
- 1 (28 ounce) can Tuttorosso® Crushed Tomatoes with Basil
- 2 tablespoons Tuttorosso® Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus additional for garnish
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups Italian-Style shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and basil until combined. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour about 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with a single layer of frozen ravioli.
- Top with half of the remaining sauce then 1 cup of shredded cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Repeat layer starting with ravioli.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30-35 minutes until center is cooked.
- Remove foil and cook for 5-10 minutes longer until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil before serving.
Disclosure – This post is sponsored by Tuttorosso. Sponsored posts like this help keep me working on delicious recipes like this so I can bring them to you. Thanks so much for supporting the brands I work with.