An easy and delicious recipe for One-Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta loaded with ground beef and lots of shredded cheese, ready in about 30 minutes!
Hello Taco Tuesday! It’s my favorite foodie day of the week! My family loves taco Tuesday too. If it was up to them it would be taco Tuesday every night of the week.
I love to mix-up my taco Tuesday menu from week to week. Some weeks we do enchiladas, some weeks we just keep it simple with beefy tacos and some weeks I make something like this One-Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta. It has become a Mr. Mother Thyme favorite and it’s one of my favorites because I can get dinner ready from stove to table in under 30 minutes and all done in one pot!
Since I have made this dish more than I’d like to admit my family has come up with some tasty topping to make this dish even better! Depending on what I have on hand sometimes we’ll top this with some crushed tortilla chips which add a little crunch or some chopped tomatoes and avocado which is my personal favorite. Sometimes I like to dive into this dish without any toppings. Whether you serve it with toppings or not it’s super yummy either way!
If you’re looking to try something new, easy and most importantly tasty then you’ll definitely want to add this to your menu! It will become a family favorite! And if you love one-pot dishes as much as I do then you don’t want to miss my One-Pot Creamy Pesto Chicken Penne Pasta or One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta. They are simple, easy and delicious especially on busy weeknights!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning (or about 3½ tablespoons homemade taco seasoning)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup jarred mild salsa
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Optional toppings - chopped tomatoes, avocado, crushed tortilla chips, chopped cilantro
- Preheat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until cooked thoroughly.
- Drain grease.
- Stir taco seasoning into ground beef then stir in water, salsa and pasta noodles.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with optional toppings if desired.