An easy recipe for One-Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta loaded with flavor and it all comes together in just one pot!
If you love Buffalo chicken then you may want to change your dinner plans tonight and make this! This One-Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta is out of this world!
Being a born and raised Buffalo gal I’ve had my fair share of Buffalo chicken. From Buffalo Chicken Dip to the infamous Buffalo chicken wings that started the craze I’ve been all over Buffalo trying some of the best wings I’ve ever had! If there’s one thing Buffalo does right it’s definitely chicken wings!
This One-Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta is so creamy and flavorful it’s going to knock your socks off! It’s everything you love about Buffalo chicken in a pasta dish. Shredded chicken tossed with penne pasta in creamy Buffalo chicken sauce all in one pot. What could be better?
I’m a huge fan of one-pot meals. Less dishes to clean makes me a happy mommy! And with one-pot dishes like this tasty Buffalo Chicken Pasta you’ll never want to cook pasta separately again!
If you love this recipe you don’t want to miss these!
One-Pot Creamy Pesto Chicken Penne Pasta
One-Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pizza
One-Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 -6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless (skinless chicken breast, trimmed)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot®)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onion and/or crumbled blue cheese for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook about 9-10 minutes per side until cooked thoroughly.
- Turn off heat and remove chicken from skillet and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once chicken is cool to touch shred chicken using the back of two forks.
- Add shredded chicken back to skillet over medium heat.
- Add in ranch dressing and hot pepper sauce and toss to coat with chicken.
- Once chicken is heated through with sauce add in cream cheese.
- Stir mixture occasionally until cream cheese is melted and blended into sauce.
- Pour chicken broth in a microwave safe cup and heat until warm, about 1-1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour warm chicken broth into skillet.
- Add in pasta and stir.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring mixture to a low boil.
- Once mixture begins to boil give mixture another stir then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Once pasta is tender stir in shredded cheese.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with chopped green onions and crumbled blue cheese if desired before serving.
You can save a step if you have shredded chicken already on hand! Just start with step 6.
Another option is the cube uncooked chicken and season with ingredients listed. Cook cubed chicken for 8-10 minutes in skillet until cooked thoroughly then continue on with adding the hot pepper sauce and ranch dressing right with the chicken without having to remove the chicken and letting it cool to shred.