An easy and delicious recipe for One-Pot Creamy Pesto Chicken Penne Pasta ready in about 30 minutes!
I have been on a one-pot roll lately! If I can toss everything in one pot, a casserole dish or my slow cooker for dinner I’ll do it. It’s a huge timesaver and makes me happy when it’s time to clean the dishes! This incredible One-Pot Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta is super tasty and so easy! You won’t believe it all came together in one pot!
Basil pesto is one of my absolute favorites! I could eat it everyday! And nothing beats fresh basil pesto in the summer! I love to mix it with a little mayo and spread it on sandwiches and wraps, to make a vinaigrette and of course with pasta. I’ll never forget the first time I had basil pesto. It was simply tossed with angel hair pasta and shavings of fresh parmesan. It was heaven and since then I have a love for basil pesto on almost anything.
Pesto is best homemade. I’ve tried store bought pesto before for kicks and curiosity and it’s just not the same. I’ve never found one that could replace homemade pesto, plus it’s so simple to make too! You can find my recipe for Basil Pesto HERE which I definitely encourage you to use for this yummy Creamy Pesto Chicken Penne Pasta.
Here are some more favorites using Basil Pesto!
This One-Pot Creamy Pesto Chicken Penne Pasta is amazing, seriously! It’s chunks of chicken and penne pasta tossed in a creamy pesto sauce. This dish is exploding with flavor and the best part is it’s ready in about 30 minutes! Serve alongside a leafy green salad and some garlic bread for a delicious dinner everyone will love!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Cook chicken, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, pesto and pasta.
- Bring mixture to a boil then cover and reduce heat to a simmer for about 15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.