Get dinner ready in a snap with this delicious Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Ravioli. With just a few minutes of prep time and about 30 minutes in the oven you can have dinner ready in no time!
It’s that time of year again – back to school. And with that comes busy weeknights filled with homework and after school activities. If you are looking for some easy and yummy recipes to make dinner time a breeze then this Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Ravioli is one to add to the list. With just a handful of ingredients most which you can keep on hand and a few minutes prep time you can get dinner in the oven and have the kiddos working on homework while dinner is baking. How’s that for multi-tasking?
I love this meal because aside from basil all the ingredients are simple pantry or freezer items you can always have on hand. It’s a great recipe to keep handy so if you have one of those busy nights where you want to make dinner instead of ordering take out yet you’re scratching your head on what to make if you keep these ingredients on hand you’ll be set to go! It’s always good to have one or two backup meals on hand whether they are some freezer meals you’ve put together or easy meals like this so you’re never stuck on what to make for dinner.
So what makes this meal so tasty? Pretty much everything. It’s creamy without being too heavy and the sun-dried tomatoes give it added flavor and texture. It tastes like delicious Italian restaurant style meal right in your own kitchen. If you’re up for it toss together a salad and even add in some breadsticks for a complete meal that is absolutely scrumptious!
- 3 cups Alfredo sauce - about 1½ 15 ounce jars
- 25 ounce package frozen cheese ravioli
- 8.5 ounce jar julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes with herbs, drained
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chiffonade or chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread 1 cup Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with a single layer of frozen ravioli.
- Top ravioli with 1 cup Alfredo sauce, then sprinkle with ½ of the sun-dried tomatoes and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Repeat layer once starting with ravioli and ending with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30-35 minutes until center is cooked.
- Remove foil and cook for 5-10 minutes longer until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh chopped basil before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
Sargento Italian shredded cheese
California Julienne Cut Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Herbs
Market Pantry (Target) Cheese Ravioli