Everything you love about classic stuffed peppers blended into this easy and delicious One-Pot Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole!
What’s not to love about stuffed peppers, especially the classic kind. Growing up I always remember my mom making them. Hers always had a distinct taste that I loved. To this day when I make Stuffed Peppers I always make her recipe. And even though I love peppers what I love most about stuffed peppers in the filling! Who doesn’t love that?
I love to try varieties of Stuffed Pepper recipes too. I’ve even created a few of my own like Roasted Stuffed Peppers with Italian Sausage and topped with a Balsamic Glaze. They’re so good and low carb friendly too!
My family especially Mr. Mother Thyme loves when I make classic stuffed peppers but what they love the most about stuffed peppers is the filling. Often when I would make stuffed peppers everyone would eat just the filling and only a few bites of the peppers! I eventually starting cutting the peppers in half instead instead of filling whole peppers which was a lifesaver! But then I got even more creative and stopped filling the peppers and instead chopped them up and mixed them in to create this One-Pot Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole.
This One-Pot Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole has all the classic flavors you love about stuffed peppers blended together in an easy, one-pot dish topped with lots of cheese melted on top! What’s not to love about that? And you can’t beat the easy prep and easy cleanup too!
If you love stuffed peppers but don’t have the time to parboil the peppers, make the filling, stuff and bake them then try this easy peasy cheesy one pot meal!
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10.75 ounce) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or Colby Jack Cheese
- ¼ cup diced green onion, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion, ground beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked thoroughly, about 7-8 minutes.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in peppers and cook for about 4-5 minutes until peppers are slightly tender.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth and rice and combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir, reduce heat to a simmer and cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and transfer to oven.
- Bake on center rack for about 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Top with chopped green onion if desired.
- Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.