I have a weakness for Nutella. I can’t keep a jar of it in the house or I end up eating half of the jar with just a spoon. A little here, a little there, before I know it half the jar is gone.
Sometimes I can’t help myself when I find myself at the grocery store and a I see a lonely jar of Nutella on the shelf. I know it is just destined to come home with me. I just better put it under lock and key or I’m in trouble.
I love Nutella for many things. Sometimes as a little snack, I will spread a little Nutella on a flour tortilla and wrap it up with a banana. It is so good like that! My Nutella Brownies are wildy popular. Thank you so much for the continued positive feedback on that recipe. I am so thrilled that everyone love those. If you haven’t tried those yet, those are a must try. They may quickly become your new favorite brownie.
These Nutella Muffins may become a new favorite of yours as well. They are light, moist and delicious served warm alone or even spread with a little strawberry preserves. Try them even as a dessert with a little vanilla ice cream. You may also pop them in the freezer so you have some on hand anytime the urge for one hits. They thaw quickly in the microwave or even just sitting on the counter.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another large bowl, stir butter and sugar until combined. Stir in eggs one at a time. Stir in milk followed by Nutella until mixture is smooth.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture into wet ingredients until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter about 3/4 full in prepared muffin pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until cake tester comes out out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Serve warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
An early release of Summer Thyme is now available! Click on the book cover for a sneak peak and to grab your early release copy! Later this week there is some great things happening that I can’t wait to share with you along with the full launch of Summer Thyme including fun giveaways!