Refreshing Key Lime Pie
An easy recipe for refreshing Key Lime Pie — a summertime favorite!
Nothing says summer more than refreshing key lime pie. This is one of my favorite summer time desserts that I make year after year and this past weekend was the first time I made this summer. It is one of my husbands favorites and he was thrilled when he saw a freshly baked key lime pie sitting on the table ready to be sliced. Its refreshing and light. Throughout the years that I have made this dessert I never change a thing. The best part is it only requires a few ingredients so it can be made up for a last minute picnic and doesn’t take a lot of time to make.
For this occasion my future brother in law was in town this past weekend and he loves my key lime pie so I made it for him. So grab your fork and a dollop of whip cream and dig in to this delicious summer dessert.
Refreshing Key Lime Pie
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 5 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar until combined.
- Pour mixture into pie dish and press mixture evenly over bottom and sides of dish.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool before adding filling.
- In a large bowl mix together sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key lime juice and lime zest.
- Pour mixture in to cooled crust.
- Bake for about 9 minutes until pinhole bubbles begin to form.
- Cool completely.
- Once cool refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with whip cream and lemon slices.
- Pour heavy cream and sugar in a medium bowl and using an electric mixer beat on high until soft peaks form and mixture is whipped.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve or spread on pie.
Love Key Lime Pie!!! Mother Thyme is a great name for a food blog! 🙂
Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite summer pie recipes too and I love it is so easy!
I was looking for an Easter dessert that wasn’t chocolate and I found your recipe for Key Lime Pie.It was one of the BEST desserts I have made.It was for dinner at my sister in laws with 18 guests.Well she has called me 2x to just say how delicious it was.I must admit it surpassed my expectations,delightfully so!Thank you for a foolproof recipe for Key Lime Pie.
Hi Bonnie, thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed this delicious Key Lime Pie! It’s one of my favorites too! 🙂
Love love love this recipe! Perfect. It come out great every time I make it. So simple.
Can this be made in a 9” or 11” tart pan with removable bottom?