An easy and delicious recipe for bakery-style Apple Spice Muffins complete with a delicious crumbly topping!
It is a brisk Saturday morning. The house is quiet. Kids are still sleeping and autumn is in the air. I am looking forward to venturing out to enjoy the day at the pumpkin patch. Before the day starts I will curl up on my favorite chair with a hot cup of coffee and one of these delicious Apple Spice Muffins. That is how I plan on starting my weekend.
Now if today was only Saturday. I guess it doesn’t hurt to pretend.
More apple cider favorites
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
No-Bake Apple Cider Cheesecake
Caramel Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
Apple Spice Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar plus a pinch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon plus a pinch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all spice
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup apples (diced)
- 2 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Toss apples with a pinch of cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ground all spice.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla and mix well. Fold in apples. Batter will be thick.
- Pour mix in to muffin pan and fill 2/3 full.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tops are golden brown and tester inserted in to center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Reduce apples to 1 cup and add a ½ cup of pecans, walnuts or dried cranberries.