There is a local Italian restaurant that we love. Last Friday Mr. Mother Thyme and I had a much overdue date night. It seems anytime we get a chance to go out for dinner we always go there. We just love the ambiance and the food that we go back every chance we get.
We had a lovely dinner. I ordered my usual Lobster Ravioli that is topped with a delicious prosecco cream sauce (I am working on a recipe for that) which is just fabulous. As full as I get from ordering an appetizer and salad I seem to always have room to eat this entire dish.
Our first course was a delicious Arugula Pizza which was on the specials menu for the evening. It was fantastic. A thin crust pizza with prosciutto and goat cheese and topped with fresh arugula. I could have just eaten that and been satisfied.
I enjoyed the Arugula Pizza so much I recreated it. This is so similar to the one we enjoyed at the restaurant; perfect for a weeknight dinner.
In my recipe I used a simple store bought pizza dough. I make my own pizza dough often but for this I wanted to use a thin crust premade dough which really worked well, plus saves a little time. I topped the crust with a simple arugula pesto, shredded mozzarella, chopped prosciutto, sun dried tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese. Once the pizza is baked, I sprinkle with fresh baby arugula leaves and drizzle with a balsamic reduction.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 -6 servings
- 1 11 oz package of Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough tube
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup arugula pesto (recipe below)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup prosciutto (chopped (about 2–3 slices))
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cup baby arugula leaves
- Dash of fresh ground black pepper
- Arugula Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped or shelled walnuts (or pine nuts)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (1–2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough to a 11″x14″ on a greased dark or non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle bottom of dough with cornmeal and bake crust in a preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until liquid reduces in half, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread pesto on crust. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella, chopped prosciutto, sun dried tomatoes. Crumble goat cheese on top and sprinkle with a freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in oven for an additional 8-10 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly. Top with baby arugula leaves and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Arugula Pesto
- In a food processor combined arugula leaves, Parmesan cheese, walnuts and garlic and chop until combined and arugula leaves are chopped. With food processor running, stream in olive oil until creamy.
What a splendid and appetizing pizza! I love arugula and its exhalirating flavor.
Lobster ravioli…I hope we see that recipe soon! This pizza sounds wonderful. I love the balsamic, arugula, mozzarella combo. Perfect flavors to me!
I love trying to recreate my favorite restaurant dishes!! This looks incredible! Well done Jennifer! I’m sure it tastes better then it looks, if that’s even possible!!
I love the look of this pizza and can’t wait to try it out. The peppery bit to arugula is so wonderful…and all the other ingredients you add..parm, olive oil…can only make it more delicious!
Saw this on Aggie’s Kitchen Pinterest board. So glad to have discovered you!
I got back from overseas yesterday and bought prosciutto, arugula and goats cheese… I think it’s meant to be! Yum yum!
This looks so fresh and tasty! Gorgeous pictures, as always!
Looks perfectly delectable and super appetizing! Lovely.
I never get tired of pizza and with so many different toppings/combinations, how could you? This looks gorgeous.
I love the fresh flavors in this pizza. Will have to try very soon. =)
I have to admit – I’m not normally the biggest arugula fan, but this looks so good that I want some right now!!
Yum! I love all the ingredients on this pizza, especially that arugula is the star. My kind of pizza for sure.
I could go for this right now-looks delicious!
This looks delicious! What a great combination of flavors. I love this arugula pizza.
Nice looking pizza! I always like topping pizzas with fresh ingredients after they are baked!
I love. love. love. this pizza. I have made it twice and want you to know how much I love it. The flavor combination was amazing. It will be in my regular meal rotation. Thank you.
Hi Nicole! Thank you so much for letting me know! It is one of my favorites too. 🙂
Comments are closed.