30 Minute Meal – Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
An easy recipe for Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce ready in 30 minutes.
Last fall my girlfriends and I went to Cecelia’s Ristorante, a local restaurant in downtown Buffalo and I had the best salmon I think I ever ate. Even months later we still talk about how good it was. It was only a special on the menu so we often check to see if they are serving it again. It was buttery pan seared salmon served with a creamy dill pasta. It was so good I could have licked the plate.
This Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce is similar to that delicious salmon dish I had. While I prefer to serve this alone or on a bed of arugula it can definitely be served pasta.
The salmon is coated in a buttery lemon pepper spread and baked in a hot oven for about 12 minutes. While the salmon is baking, I whip up this Creamy Dill Sauce that is made simply with mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and of course dill. This delicious sauce is served over the salmon or can even be tossed with pasta.
I love that this dish takes less than 30 minutes from oven to table yet tastes like it came from a gourmet restaurant. It’s perfect for a dinner party or just a simple weeknight meal. This salmon can be prepped ahead of time. I just make the lemon pepper butter spread and spread it on the salmon and cover it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to put it in the oven. The Creamy Dill Sauce can be made ahead of time too so it’s an easy peasy meal to put together come meal time.Print
Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
An easy recipe for Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon topped with a Creamy Dill Sauce ready in 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 6 ounce each skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4–5 cracks of fresh black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped dill
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Spread on both sides of salmon and place fillets on baking sheet.
- Bake salmon for 12-15 minutes until salmon is pink and flaky.
- Serve salmon immediately topped with Creamy Dill Sauce (recipe below)
- Creamy Dill Sauce
- While salmon is baking, in a small bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and dill until blended and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.