Who can pass up pizza for breakfast? Especially when it is made with crumbly sausage topped with hash browns, eggs and cheese on a flaky crescent roll crust. Not only is this the perfect pizza for breakfast or brunch, it is easy to make too.
I stumbled upon this recipe in the Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes that my friends at Taste of Home were kind enough to share with me. In this special edition you will find 235 recipes for the holidays such as Maple Pecan Bars and Warm Chicken Fiesta Dip.
Along with the Best Holiday Recipes I had a chance to check out the Best Loved Cookies and Candies Recipes that is filled with 150 recipes like Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies and Cocoa Surprise Cookies.
Brunch Pizza plus Giveaway
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 8 ounce refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook and crumble sausage. Drain any grease and set aside.
- Separate crescent roll dough into eight triangles and place on a lightly greased 10 inch round pizza pan with points facing the center. Press over the bottom to form a crust and press seams together. Spoon sausage over crust and sprinkle with hash browns and cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
Alternatively you can use a 12″ pizza pan for a thinner crust or a small 9×13 inch baking sheet. You need to make sure the pan you use has sides and the entire bottom of pan is covered in the crescent roll crust or the egg mixture will run.
Adapted from Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes
Check out my book Holiday Thyme available on Amazon November 1st!