Everything you love about barbecue chicken blended into a creamy and delicious dip.
There are some foods I can’t stop eating. Chicken dip is one of them.
We all know and love Buffalo Chicken Dip. I don’t have my recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip on MT yet, however I do have a version for Buffalo Cauliflower Dip that you can’t even tell it’s cauliflower. It’s really good!
Every Sunday while watching football I like to whip up some fun eats for everyone to munch on. This BBQ Chicken Dip has been a recent addition to my football menu, and has been vanishing quickly everytime I make it. Shredded chicken blended with cream cheese, your favorite barbecue sauce a few spoonfuls of ranch and some spices, make up this wildly delicious dip great to serve with tortilla chips, cornbread crackers or even with big chunks of cornbread.
For fun, add in some corn, kidney beans, black beans or even some sauteed onions for some texture if you choose, or just make as directed for dip you won’t be able to stop eating either.
What you need
Shredded cheddar cheese
Light brown sugar
Tortillas, crackers and/or cornbread chunks for servings
Step one: Heat chicken and BBQ sauce in a large skillet over medium heat.
Step two: Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing until blended and creamy. Stir in cheddar cheese, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce. liquid smoke and spices.
Step three: Pour into a serving dish and serve warm.
BBQ Chicken Dip
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast (about 3 breasts, cooked)
- 2 cups plain or your favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 (8 oz.) cream cheese, regular or light
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing, regular or light
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Tortilla chips, crackers, cornbread chunks and/or celery sticks for serving
- In a large skillet heat chicken and barbecue sauce.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing until creamy.
- Add in cheddar cheese, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and spices and cook until hot and bubbly.
- Pour into a serving dish and serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, cornbread chunks or celery sticks.
For chicken – you can use a store bought rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken you have on hand. To cook chicken breasts, preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and a dash of oregano. Bake for about 40 minutes until cooked thoroughly. Set aside until cool to touch. Shred with a fork.