Lunch. One of my favorite meals besides breakfast and dinner and dessert, of course. Well, I guess all courses are my favorite. What is your favorite meal?
I love all things curry. The smell, the taste and the variety of curry. It truly brings so much depth and flavor to a dish and even to a simple chicken salad just a tablespoon of curry can take a basic chicken salad from good to fabulous.
This Curry Chicken Salad is great alone, on top of a bed of alfalfa sprouts or with a buttery croissant. It makes a fabulous lunch or the perfect easy simple weeknight dinner. No matter what course you serve it for it will be a dish you will make again and again.
Curry Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken (about 3 chicken breasts) cut into bite size pieces*
- 1 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (or regular)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red grapes halves
- 1/3 cup almond slivers
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, curry powder, ground ginger and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Add in chicken, celery, grapes, almonds and raisins and stir to blend with mayonnaise.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve on croissants or alone.
Leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken works great. If cooking chicken, simply add 3 chicken breasts (1 1/2 pounds) on a foiled lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and a season with salt and pepper. Cook at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked. Cool and cut chicken.