Bang Bang Shrimp
Craving take out? Try this quick and easy recipe for Bang Bang Shrimp. It makes a great appetizer or serve as a complete meal with rice.
There are some things I could eat everyday.
Bang Bang Shrimp is one of them.
If you have never had Bang Bang Shrimp before, you need to add this to your dinner menu today. Crunchy shrimp tossed in a creamy sweet and spicy sauce. It doesn’t get any better than this.
I love to serve it as an appetizer on a bed of greens or as a complete dinner with rice. Either way you serve it, it won’t last long.
Take out inspired meals are some of my favorites meals to make at home. I usually keep all the ingredients on hand for one take out inspired meal so if the craving hits, I don’t have to worry about going out and getting take out.
Bang Bang Shrimp is one of those easy meals to have all the ingredients on hand for. You just need a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer and a some simple pantry items which are on hand to whip up this amazing sauce that the shrimp is tossed in. This sauce is so yummy you may find yourself using it for more than just this.
More take out favorites
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
Mandarin Orange Chicken
Bang Bang Shrimp
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4–5 drops of Sriracha sauce
- 1 pound large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- ½ cup corn starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped green onion for garnish, optional
- Lettuce for garnish, optional
- Cooked white rice for serving, optional
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil, vinegar and sugar until creamy and set aside. (This can be made ahead and placed in the refrigerator)
- Pour about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet and preheat over medium high heat (you want the oil to get nice and hot).
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In a large resealable storage bag mix corn starch, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Working in batches, remove shrimp one at a time from bag, shaking off excess, then dip in egg letting excess egg drip off as well.
- Drop into hot oil and cook about 1-2 minute per side until golden brown.
- Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel lined plate.
- After all the shrimp has been cooked, place in a large bowl and toss with some of the sauce, reserving some of the sauce for serving.
- Place on a serving plate on top of a bed of lettuce and garnish with chopped green onions or serve with white rice.
The little kick on the shrimp is all I needed to fall in love with this recipe!
I made this tonight….delicious!
Hey Jen! So glad you liked this! 🙂
Ok, seriously, I’ve seen this recipe so much, but I’ve never tried it. Your photos are totally selling me on it! I’m adding it to the menu next week. Thanks 🙂
Thanks Christina! Have a great weekend! 🙂
This looks so delicious. Never tried it, but I might try it in the near future.
I made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious. It was my best gf recipe attempt to date and an absolute keeper. Thanks for making my day with this recipe!
Hi April, So glad you enjoyed this delicious recipe! Thanks so much for letting me know! 🙂
It was delicious my daughter loved it. Thanks