Thai Peanut Noodles
Skip the takeout and try this make this delicious recipe for Thai Peanut Noodles tossed in a creamy peanut sauce and topped with lots of fresh herbs, chopped green onion and crunchy peanuts!
I’m addicted to these Thai Peanut Noodles! Hot or cold they are delicious! These noodles are loaded with veggies and rice noodles and tossed in a creamy peanut sauce that you could eat with a spoon! To make these noodles even better I add in lots of fresh mint, basil, cilantro and chopped peanuts for a little crunch.
The herbs are an essential part of this recipe. The combination of mint, basil and cilantro add such freshness and flavor to these noodles. If you make this recipe don’t skip all the herbs!
These Thai Peanut Noodles are great served hot or cold so you could easily make this for one tasty lunch.
If you like saucy noodles I suggest adding less noodles as indicated in my recipe which I have noted as well. I make this with a full box of stir-fry rice noodles which typically is about 14 ounces so it isn’t very saucy as most of the peanut sauce is absorbed into the noodles which I personally like. If you like more sauce I suggest adding only 10-12 ounces of rice noodles so you get more sauce. Also if you don’t have rice noodles you could substitute for linguine or even spaghetti noodles however I recommend using it with the rice noodles which you can easily find in the ethnic section at most grocery stores.
These Thai Peanut Noodles are loaded with veggies. I personally like sliced bell peppers, chopped cabbage and carrots however you can use whatever veggies you’d like. You can even toss it with some chicken if you’d like too.
If you’re looking for some new recipes to add to your dinner menu and love Thai inspired meals then make sure you try these tasty Thai Peanut Noodles!
Thai Peanut Noodles
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 -6
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 14 ounce package of rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 bell peppers (seeded and sliced)
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup combination of freshly chopped basil (mint and cilantro)
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion (green and white parts)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and chili garlic sauce until creamy and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add rice noodles. Stir and cook checking every few minutes until noodles are slightly undercooked so they don’t get mushy. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat vegetable oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add peppers, cabbage and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Once vegetables are cooked add in cooked noodles and sauce and toss to coat.
- Stir in most of the herbs, reserving some for garnish.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Serve warm or cold.
Thai Kitchen Stir Fry Rice Noodles was used in this recipe.
For a saucier noodles use only 10-12 ounces.
Keep ginger fresh in the freezer and just mince or slice when needed!
Using the combination of basil, mint and cilantro is essential for this recipe!
Korean-Style Pork Chops
Slow Cooker Asian-Style Shredded Beef
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli