Pumpkies – Pumpkin Brownies

Pumpkies?  When I was creating my plan for the week of recipes I was going to test and share I had set in my mind I wanted to do a Pumpkin Brownies but I got it stuck in my head calling it a Pumpkie.  I know, silly, right?   But I can’t actually call these brownies since they aren’t brown but they are somewhat the consistency of a brownie.  I think its a cute little name for these little guys.  Call them Pumpkies or call them Pumpkin Brownies, I just call them good!

They are soft and chewy, a perfect pumpkin treat.  I was going to dress them up a little bit either by adding something in them or possibly a cream cheese frosting (oh my) but I left these simple.  A simple, pumpkin brownie, wait I mean Pumpkie.

Enjoy!

What you need
Butter
Sugar
Egg
Pumpkin puree
All-purpose flour
Cinnamon
Ground ginger
Nutmeg
Salt

Step one: Cream butter and sugar.
Pumpkies (Pumpkin Brownies) - www.motherthyme.com
Step two:  Add in egg and pumpkin.
Pumpkies (Pumpkin Brownies) - www.motherthyme.com
Step three:  Add in dry ingredients.
Pumpkies (Pumpkin Brownies) - www.motherthyme.com
Step four:  Spread in baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.

Pumpkies - Pumpkin Brownies

• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Using electric mixer cream butter and sugar.
  3. Add egg, pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
  4. In am small bowl mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Gradually add into wet ingredients until just combined.
  5. Spread into baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
  6. Cool pan on wire rack before cutting.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Comments

1. says

HI Jessica. Thank you for your comment. Sorry these didn’t turn out right for you. I don’t use baking powder or baking soda in these. Please let me know what didn’t seem right. I will also retest this recipe again to see if I can correct this for you. Thank you for bringing this to my attention as these are delicious and would love for you to enjoy these as well.

2. says

Well…I enjoyed the flavor, but not the texture. I kept double-checking the recipe for baking soda or powder, but you don’t use them. I’m not sure if that’s why they’re strange, or if it’s my oven??? I’m a good baker and never have troubles. I think I’ll experiment with them a bit. For me, they were taster critters, but couldn’t decide if they wanted to be cake/bread or a cakey cookie…thanks for the idea.

3. says

Thank you for sharing your comments. These don’t use any leavening agents but maybe adding 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda may help you. This recipe has gotten great reviews on other recipe sharing site so I’m hoping you get a chance to give them another try as these are delicious little pumpkin blondies.

4. says

LOVED this recipe!!! I made a few adjustments to make it more figure friendly. I used whole wheat flour, subbed unsweetened applesauce for the butter, and used 1/2 c brown sugar instead of 1 c white sugar, and used 1/2 t baking soda. I baked it for 20 min because my oven runs hot. Thanks for the awesome recipe! :)

5. Leanna says

I’m going to make these brownies this weekend! Do you think chocolate chips would taste good in them?? I can’t decide!

• says

Hi Leanna, I’m glad you are going to make these this weekend. I’m actually making them tomorrow too! The pictures are in a desperate need of some updating so I figured I’d make them for the weekend. :) I would totally add chocolate chips to these. I bet that would be such a great addition. Give it a try and please let me know how they turn out for you. Enjoy!