Pumpkies? When I was creating my plan for the week of recipes I was going to test and share I had set in my mind I wanted to do a Pumpkin Brownies but I got it stuck in my head calling it a Pumpkie. I know, silly, right? But I can’t actually call these brownies since they aren’t brown but they are somewhat the consistency of a brownie. I think its a cute little name for these little guys. Call them Pumpkies or call them Pumpkin Brownies, I just call them good!
They are soft and chewy, a perfect pumpkin treat. I was going to dress them up a little bit either by adding something in them or possibly a cream cheese frosting (oh my) but I left these simple. A simple, pumpkin brownie, wait I mean Pumpkie.
What you need
Step one: Cream butter and sugar.
Pumpkies - Pumpkin Brownies
Serves: 6-8 servings
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using electric mixer cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- In am small bowl mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Gradually add into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spread into baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool pan on wire rack before cutting.