|Toss chicken with orange juice and corn starch.|
|Prep peppers, onion and garlic.|
|Cook chicken in oil, stirring frequently.|
|Add in vegetables and cook until slightly tender.|
|Add in remaining ingredients and cook until sauce thickens.|
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups red, orange or yellow peppers (or combination), cut in to strips
- 1 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 11oz can mandarin orange with juice
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons orange zest for serving (optional)
- 1 14oz can lite coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl sprinkle chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour orange juice over chicken and toss with ¼ cup corn starch until coated evenly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat and add chicken to skillet.
- Cook chicken, turning frequently until all sides are brown and chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add peppers, onion and garlic and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Add mixture to skillet with mandarin oranges with juice, vinegar and sugar and stir until blended. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper for taste if desired.
- In a medium pot add coconut milk, water and a pinch of salt and bring to boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cover for 20 minutes until milk is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Add salt if desired, fluff with fork and serve.