You can also check out my video to see how I make these easy and fun treats!
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups Duncan Hines Apple Caramel Cake Mix, not prepared (or similar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 packet of caramel sauce, prepared per package instructions (included in cake mix)
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan with butter or non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter and marshmallows over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once marshmallows are melted and mixture is creamy, stir in cake mix and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in Rice Krispies until combined.
- Pour half the mixture in prepared pan.
- Dollop half the caramel sauce on top. Top with remaining Rice Krispies.
- Add remaining caramel sauce on top.
- Set aside until cool and cut into squares.