You know when you eat something really good it makes you weak at the knees?
These pumpkin cinnamon rolls will.
You will want to live in your sweatpants for the next five days after having one, or an extra day at the gym. The problem for me is eating just one. The are insanely good.
They are worth every bite when you are celebrating a special occasion like we are today! We are celebrating the upcoming birth of Rachel’s from Rachel Cooks little man with a virtual baby shower!
Rachel is so sweet, and incredibly talented and I am thrilled to have gotten to know her through our blogs. Thanks to Brandy from Nutmeg Nanny and Brandi from Bran Appetit for bringing us together to celebrate Rachel’s baby. Wait until you see the list of amazing recipes below. It would be a blast if we could get together and bring these fabulous dishes. What a feast that would be! Considering we are from all over, what better way to bring us together than with a virtual baby shower. I am so happy for Rachel and can’t wait to “meet” her little man!
I think many of us are tempted when we are at the mall and walk past one of those popular cinnamon roll shops. You can smell them a mile away. Nothing beats a warm homemade cinnamon roll fresh out of the oven drizzled with a sweet maple cream cheese glaze. Make a few batches and put them in cute boxes for holiday gift giving. Who wouldn’t love that sweet treat?
You will want to make these cinnamon rolls soon, like today or at least for the weekend. Trust me, you’ll love them.
CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES Rachel!!
Follow the party on Twitter! #RachelPops
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a small bowl add water and sprinkle with yeast. Set aside to proof, about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add proofed yeast, milk, butter, egg, pumpkin puree, flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Using a dough hook attachment mix on low for about 5 minutes until dough is combined and pulls away from the sides.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size for an hour.
- Generously grease two 8-inch cake pans. In a small bowl stir together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Punch down dough and place on a well floured surface. Roll out dough to a 20 x 14 inch rectangle. Spread top of dough with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Starting on the longer side, roll dough in a tight spiral. With a sharp knife cut 18 1-inch slices and place 9 slices into each cake pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- While rolls are baking, add cream cheese, confectioners sugar and milk to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in maple syrup. Drizzle glaze over warm rolls.
On the menu ~
Apple Asiago Prosciutto Bites ~ Sarah’s Cucina Bella
Cranberry Citrus Meatballs (Slow Cooker) ~ Diabetic Foodie
Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Pesto Crostini ~ Thrifty Veggie Mama
Curried Salmon Phyllo Cups ~ Cooking with Books
Mini Onion and Feta Pizzas ~ London Bakes
Southern Cheese Straws ~ 30A Eats
Sweet Treats & Desserts ~
Snickerdoodle Scones ~ Fake Ginger
Patchwork Baby Quilt Cupcakes ~ Creative Culinary
Primal Pumpkin Whoopie Pies ~ Bread & Butter
Turtle Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake ~ A Spicy Perspective
Blue Layered Jello ~ Taste and Tell
Mini Blackberry Pies ~ Oh Sweet Basil
Salted Caramel Popcorn Bars ~ Bakeaholic Mama
Baby Blueberry Pies on a Stick ~ Stephs Bite by Bite
Itty Bitty Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies ~ Chip Chip Hooray
Hermit Bars ~ The Lemon Bowl
Sweet Potato Pie Dip with Pie Crust Dippers ~ The Spiffy Cookie
Dark Chocolate Cashew Brittle Cookies ~ Farmgirl Gourmet
Walnut Streusel Coffee Cake ~ Cookistry