Maple Cheddar Turkey Burgers
Who doesn’t love a good juicy burger? I know my family can’t resist them. Why run out to the local hamburger restaurant when you can create fun and flavorful burgers right in your own kitchen. I love experimenting with new burger creations, and these Maple Cheddar Turkey Burgers are a great weeknight dinner along with a side of sweet potato fries and a fresh salad.
With the holidays just around the corner many of us are looking for easy recipes we can quickly whip up. These Maple Cheddar Turkey Burgers have become a favorite of my kids who tend to be picky eaters. I love the combination of the sweet maple syrup with the creamy melted cheddar cheese. The flavors make for a perfect fall burger. With many of us thinking turkey for Thanksgiving and the holidays, here is another way to incorprate turkey into a weeknight dinner.
I prefer using 94% lean ground turkey. You can easily substitute for ground beef if you prefer. Lightly toast some fresh bakery rolls before serving and spread a little maple-dijon mustard for some additional flavor. Sprinkle with french fried onions or even caramelized onions for one delicious burger!
Maple Cheddar Turkey Burgers
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 1/4 cup french fried onions for serving (optional)
Maple Dijon Mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Combine turkey, maple syrup, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, maple seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Divide meat into 4 equal size balls and gently form to make patties.
- Place patties on preheated skillet and cook about 7 minutes per side until cooked thoroughly.
- Top with cheese and continue to cook until melted.
- Serve on hamburger rolls with maple dijon mustard and french fried onions.
Maple Dijon Mustard
- Combine dijon mustard and maple syrup in a large bowl and stir until combined.
For more quick and easy holiday recipes check out my book Holiday Thyme on Amazon!
I love burgers!! I would never thing to add maple to ground turkey but it’s a great idea. These are making my mouth water!
I love turkey burgers, what great flavors!
Yay for turkey burgers!! I love your photos!! Would love for you to share this at Foodtastic Friday!
I absolutely loved these burgers! Rave reviews.
Made these for my boys tonight (husband and 2year old). They gobbled them so fast!
So happy to hear they enjoyed these tasty burgers! 🙂
Fantastic recipe!!! I stopped making Turkey burgers because they would come out dry but these are moist and super flavorful!! My eight year old husband gobbled them up. No leftovers!! Thank you for posting this recipe