You may want to change your dinner plans tonight and add this to the menu instead.
If you consider yourself a chili connoisseur or just love a big bowl of chili, this Tuscan Chili may quickly become a favorite. It is the perfect fusion of Italian meets chili in a bowl. This flavorful chili is made with mild Italian turkey sausage that is cooked with peppers, onions and garlic. Add in fire roasted tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, cannellini beans and of course some spices to create a delicious meal that will take only about 45 minutes to make from oven to table for an easy weeknight dinner. The only problem with this recipe is you may want to double it as everyone will want seconds!
I enjoy making chili on the weekends. I love to make a large pot of chili that simmers on the stove all day. Even though this can be made with little time or effort, there is something comforting about a pot of chili on the stove. With Super Bowl this weekend, chili is always a crowd pleaser. This would be a great addition to your Super Bowl menu along with my new favorite, Buffalo Cauliflower Dip.
Grab a warm loaf of bread, toss together a salad and gather everyone around the table for a warm and delicious bowl of chili. At only about 245 calories per serving, you have a hearty bowl of chili that is not only satisfying but good for you.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 18 ounce can Progresso Fire Roasted Tomato Recipe Starters
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsely
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella (optional)
- 1 cup croutons (optional)
- Warm olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in sausage, onion, peppers and garlic and cook until sausage is cooked through.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 30 minutes until heated through.
- Serve warm alone or top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and croutons.