If you love cinnamon rolls you are going to love this easy and delicious homemade Cinnamon Roll Cake topped with Cream Cheese Frosting.
In the mood for cinnamon rolls but don’t have the time to make them? Try this super easy Cinnamon Roll Cake topped with a classic Cream Cheese Frosting.
This cake is going to knock your socks off. If you love warm cinnamon rolls loaded with cream cheese, you are going to want to dive into a piece of this yummy cake. As usual, this is an 8-inch cake, my go to for most cakes. For this cake I like to use a round cake pan so you can easily remove it from the pan and frost the edges. You probably know from other recent cakes I have shared like my Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting or my Easy Pumpkin Cake with Butter Pecan Frosting, when it comes to cakes I don’t like to fuss. This Cinnamon Roll Cake is another no fuss cake that is simple and delicious. Also, if you don’t have the time or can’t wait to frost the cake, you can skip the frosting all together and just add a simple cream cheese glaze to the top and serve warm.
Sure, I love those pretty decorated cakes. I have taken the Wilton Classes at the craft store and learned many techniques. For my everyday go to desserts for family and friends, these are the cakes I love to make. They are easy and so delicious. No one will ever know how quickly you were able to whip this up.
This Cinnamon Roll Cake has all the flavors of your favorite cinnamon rolls. Do I dare even say this cake is acceptable for breakfast? I leave that decision totally up to you. I promise I won’t tell.
What you need
Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix butter, milk, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. While stirring, gradually mix in wet ingredients into dry until just combined. Best part, this can all be done by hand using just a whisk or wooden spoon.
Pour into a greased and floured cake pan.
In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Dollop filling on cake and using a kitchen knife swirl mixture into cake. I like to leave some chunky bits, but you can swire it as much or as little as you would like. Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool completely.
Whip up the frosting and generously frost the entire cake. Chill until ready to serve.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly dust an 8-inch round cake pan with flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, milk, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in wet ingredients into dry until just combined.
- Pour into cake pan.
- In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour until blended.
- Dollop mounds of filling onto top of cake.
- Using a kitchen knife swirl filling around cake.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before removing and frosting.
- Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese and butter.
- Stir in confectioner sugar until combined.
- Add in milk and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Frost generously on cooled cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.