Skip the store bought chocolate covered strawberries and save money making them yourself!
If you’ve never made chocolate covered strawberries you need to! They are so easy and fun to make and you save a lot of money making them yourself too!
I’ve been making chocolate covered strawberries for years. They are my favorite. I love making them for get togethers or just because. There is just something special about chocolate covered strawberries. And you can’t beat the pairing of chocolate and strawberries.
A few of my tips for making them.
- Use good quality milk chocolate chips. I use Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips. It’s my go-to when I make them and they are always so good.
- Use large, firm strawberries.
- Melt chocolate in 30 second increments and stir in between until it is smooth and creamy.
- Use a skewer to easily dunk strawberries into chocolate.
- Pat your strawberries dry before dunking in melted chocolate.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes until set, then transfer to refrigerator until ready to serve.