Everything you love about lasagna blended into a warm and tasty Lasagna Soup, ready to serve in about 30 minutes!
I feel like I have been celebrating Halloween for weeks. My little girl Eden has worn her Halloween costume everyday since I got it for her. I can’t believe it actually lasted this long.
Can you guess what this little 4 year old princess is going to be?
You probably guessed it.
Yes, she is going to be what almost ever other young girl is dressing up as.
On a chilly day I love to make a warm pot of soup. This Lasagna Soup has become a family favorite. It is everything we love about lasagna all blended into one yummy bowl of soup complete with a dollop of creamy ricotta cheese. The ricotta mixture slowly melts into the warm soup for ooey, gooey Lasagna Soup goodness.
Yes I do! They have a variety of pasta noodles to choose from like penne, elbows and spaghetti for the pasta lover in all of us. And with 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein per one-cup serving (2 ounces dry) you can enjoy your favorite pasta dishes while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
National Pasta Month
Dreamfields has been celebrating National Pasta Month sharing 31 recipes in 31 days created by food bloggers. You can view all these tasty recipes on the Dreamfields website or searching #IHeartDreamfields recipes.
The next time the family is requesting lasagna, switch it up and give this Lasagna Soup a try. With a handful of easy ingredients, you can quickly whip up the base of the soup. I have even made this a few nights ahead of time. When ready to serve, I just cook up some Dreamfield Lasagna noodles, warm up the soup and ladle the soup over the noodles. Dollop with a bit of cheesy ricotta and dinner for a yummy meal the entire family will love.
Enter to WIN a $25.00 Gift Card and Family Prize Pack from Dreamfields! Use the entry form below for your chance to win. One winner will be chosen at random.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ pound 90% lean ground beef
- ½ pound mild Italian sausage, casing removed (about 2 sausages)
- ½ white onion, diced (about ¾ cup)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Bay leaf
- 8lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 8 ounces reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cook lasagna noodles until according to package directions (al dente) and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add ground beef and Italian sausage and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Remove from pot and set aside. Drain fat from pot.
- Heat remaining olive oil. Add onion and sauté until slightly tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about 30-45 seconds longer.
- Stir in broth, crushed tomatoes, sauce, paste, basil, oregano, thyme and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Stir in cooked beef and sausage mixture. Reduce heat to a low simmer for about 10 minutes longer. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for serving.
- When ready to serve, divide up lasagna noodles between the bowls; discard bay leaf and ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with a dollop of ricotta mixture and serve.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Compensation was received from Dreamfields. All opinions are as always my own.