Creamy Buffalo Chicken Chili
Warm up to a delicious bowl of Creamy Buffalo Chicken Chili loaded with chunks of ground chicken, cannellini beans in a creamy Buffalo chicken sauce that you’ll absolutely love!
Winter isn’t over yet my friends! I live outside of Buffalo, New York which has a reputation of being snowy, very snowy. Thankfully (knock on wood) we haven’t had nearly as much snow or frigid temperatures as previous years. Honestly it’s actually been quite mild and there is no snow on the ground!
I just got back from a week long cruise with a bunch of my friends to Mexico, Roatan and Belize (hence the reason of me being radio silent here and on social media). My darling husband was nice enough to let me go (it was actually his idea) while he stayed home and watched the kids. I missed my family terribly but it was nice to go away and hit the reset button to start the new year. I’ll admit it was hard getting back to reality after being away and traveling to paradise. Thankfully I didn’t return to frigid temperatures and snow after my little tropical adventure.
I know it’s only January and more snow is to be expected as much as I’m dreading it. My kids on the other hand probably wouldn’t mind it, especially a few more snow days home from school. And while there is no snow on the ground right now it’s still winter and that means soup season!
I absolutely love making a big pot of soup or chili. It last for days and is perfect along with a big salad and a loaf of crusty bread for dipping! Since I love anything Buffalo chicken I couldn’t resist creating this Creamy Buffalo Chicken Chili that was inspired by my Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup. This rich and creamy Buffalo Chicken Chili is loaded with chunks of ground chicken, cannellini beans and of course that Buffalo flavor we’ve all grown to know and love. I love to top this soup with lots of chopped green onion and shredded cheese. This hearty bowl of Creamy Buffalo Chicken Chili will warm you up on a cold day and would be great for a crowd if you’re doing entertaining for the upcoming playoffs and Superbowl.
If you’re bored with the same old, same old bowl of chili and you’re looking to spice it up a bite, you’ll want to give this delicious Creamy Buffalo Chicken Chili a try! It’s a must try for any Buffalo chicken lover!
more buffalo chicken favorites!
- One-Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 -8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 celery ribs (diced)
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2–3/4 cup Franks hot sauce
- 8 ounce cream cheese (cubed and softened)
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 15.5 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion and celery and cook for about 5 minutes until just tender.
- Add ground chicken and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring occasionally breaking up chunks until thoroughly cooked.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in 1/2 cup hot sauce until combined.
- Add in cream cheese and ranch and stir occasionally until blended and cream cheese is melted.
- Add in chicken broth and beans and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in additional hot sauce if desired.
- To thicken chili, carefully ladle 1/4 cup of liquid a pour into a small bowl.
- Whisk liquid with corn starch until blended.
- Stir mixture back into soup and simmer for an additional 5 minutes until chili has thickened.
- Serve warm topped with cheddar cheese and green onion.
Hi Jenn, I love chili too and this combo looks really delicious, snow days are the best.