A yummy recipe for Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread loaded with fresh apples and swirls of cinnamon and brown sugar.
I don’t know what I would do without my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. I got my first one (yes I have two) about 20 years ago as a birthday present. It was the best present ever! It has been a workhorse in my kitchen for years making everything from cookies, cakes, pizza dough, you name it. My first KitchenAid Stand Mixer works just as good as the first time I used it years ago and one day I look forward to passing it down to my little girl.
A few years ago I treated myself to a new one in cobalt blue with a few different features including a bigger bowl and a lift stand instead of a tilt back which my other one is. I love them both and use them both frequently.
One of the many reasons I love KitchenAid Stand Mixers aside from their durability and features is the colors. There are so many pretty colors, I want them all! How’s a girl to choose? Now they have a new line of black stainless steel appliances that I am drooling over as well! It would look amazing in our newly remodeled kitchen. Something I’ll have to put on my Christmas list to Santa…just saying!
My KitchenAid collection wouldn’t be complete without a handheld mixer. It’s a must have! To whip up a batch of brownies or if I need to mix something up quickly I also have my handheld mixer close by.
One of my favorite things to make in my KitchenAid Stand Mixer is bread. From quick breads to yeast breads my stand mixer has whipped up loaves and loaves of different breads.
With fall at our doorstep it’s time to start thinking of yummy apple recipes. I couldn’t resist making a tasty apple bread filled with swirls of cinnamon and brown sugar. Not only is this bread moist and delicious, it’s a quick bread so it’s super easy too.
KitchenAid Apple Challenge
Do you have some yummy apple recipes? If so, I encourage you to submit your recipe in the KitchenAid Apple Challenge! Food Network Kitchens will select the top 4 submissions and the 4 finalist will WIN a trip for two to New York City for a live cook-off to cook their dish to be judged by Food Network chef Geoffrey Zakarian! The winner from the cook-off will WIN a grand prize of a suite of KitchenAid Black Stainless Steel Appliances and a private cooking lesson from Geoffrey Zakarian!
How to Enter the KitchenAid Apple Challenge
To enter the KitchenAid Apple Challenge simply upload your submissions on Twitter or Instagram using hashtag #KitchenAidContest or at foodnetwork.com/applechallenge.
I would LOVE if a Mother Thyme reader would be a finalist or even win the apple challenge so hurry and submit your delicious apple recipes today. Contest run until September 14th! If you do enter, let me know. I’d love to see your submission! Good luck!
- Cinnamon Filling
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Apple Filling
- 2 apples (about 2 cups) peeled, cored and diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare Cinnamon Filling
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until combined. Set aside.
- Prepare Apple Filling
- In a small bowl toss apples with flour and sugar and set aside.
- Prepare Bread
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs one at a time then milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter evenly in prepared loaf pan.
- Dollop mounds of cinnamon filling on top of bread.
- Using a kitchen knife swirl filling in bread.
- Bake on center rack for about 55-60 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Glaze
- In a small bowl mix confectioners sugar and milk until creamy. Drizzle over bread.
From the first-ever black stainless steel to the first-ever five-door refrigerator, KitchenAid pushes the limits with our appliances, so our home cooks can do the same with their cooking. See the revolutionary new line of KitchenAid appliances or visit the Kitchenthusiast™ blog for recipes, tips and more.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KitchenAid. The opinions and text are all mine.