If you love Gingersnap Cookies these are hands down the best soft baked Gingersnap Cookies you’ll ever try! Perfect with a tall glass of milk!
Can you believe Christmas is a few days away? I’m kind of sad. I LOVE this time of year and it’s going by way to fast! Can someone press the pause button or slow the clock down?
I’m not going to lie holiday stress is setting in a little too. Not too much but I’ve got a lot going on and a lot to do and there just doesn’t seem like there’s enough time in the day to get everything done. The funny thing is I’ve actually had this post written for about a week but life has been crazy for me to even get a second to sit and finish this it up to publish. I am bound and determined to get this post up because I’m in love with this recipe so if you’re reading this yay I finally did it! Better late than never!
The other thing it’s not too late for are these irresistible Soft Baked Gingersnap Cookies! I will always have time in my schedule to bake, especially during the holidays! These are seriously hands down the best Gingersnap Cookies I’ve ever had! Gingersnap Cookies are also Mr.Mother Thyme’s favorite and he says these are by far the best he’s ever had! If you plan on baking this weekend you need to make room on your list for these! Trust me you won’t be sorry!
Not only are these the best soft Gingersnap Cookies but they are so easy to make and as you can imagine they smell amazing while they’re baking too! What’s not to love right?
These Gingersnap Cookies are soft and chewy, perfect with a tall glass of milk! Try one a warm fresh out of the oven and they’ll make you weak in the knees! This is one cookie you’ll be baking again and again!
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! God bless you all!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and 1 cup sugar using an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy.
- Add in egg and molasses and continue to mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Gradually add in flour mixture to wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour about ⅓ cup of sugar onto a small plate or shallow baking dish.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls then roll in sugar.
- Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake on the center rack for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack until cooled completely.
- Store in an airtight container.