All-In-One Breakfast Smoothie from Valerie’s Home Cooking
Start your day with this creamy and delicious All-In-One Breakfast Smoothie from Valerie’s Home Cooking cookbook!
Happy New Year friends! I hope 2018 is off to a great start!
I’ve been a little absent lately and for good reason. I took much of December off to unwind, reflect and enjoy the holiday season. I disconnected from much of social media so I could just focus on my home and family. Taking that time off also gave me time to reflect on goals for 2018 both personal and for Mother Thyme. I’ve been blogging for nearly 7 years and it’s become more than I ever dreamed of but taking a little time away now and then is good for the mind, body and soul. So I come to you refreshed and ready to share more tasty recipes with you in 2018.
Not only is today my first post of 2018 but it’s also my birthday. Today I’m ringing in 43 years young. I certainly don’t feel 43 nor act like it at times. Having young kids keeps me young at heart!
One thing I love to get for my birthday is cookbooks. I LOVE cookbooks. I love to cuddle up with a cup of hot tea and thumb through the pages using little sticky notes to mark off pages of recipes I’d like to try. And as much as I like eBooks for certain things there is nothing better than holding a cookbook in my hands.
Recently I got a copy of Valerie Bertinelli’s new cookbook Valerie’s Home Cooking. If you love cookbooks as much as I do this is definitely one you have to add to your collection! The cookbook is filled with over 100 delicious recipes! A few of my favorites from the book that I can’t wait to try include –
- Pickled Beet Salad (page 195)
- Egg White Frittata with Arugula, Tomato and Goat Cheese (page 39)
- Lemon Basil Granita (page 228)
- Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing (page 70)
- Ratatouille and Romaine Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette (page 74)
- Strawberry Love Cake (page 250)
- Roasted Asparagus Pesto Dip (page 107)
- California Marinated Flatiron Steaks (page 133)
- Chicken a la King Crepes (page 145)
These are just a few of my favorites! This list could go on and on!
Not only is this cookbook filled with amazing recipes but you can tell it’s made with love and that’s what I love about cookbooks like Valerie’s. I’ve been such of fan of Valerie Berintinelli since the days she was on One Day at a Time! I was so excited when her Food Network show Valerie’s Home Cooking began several years ago. Since then she has shared mouthwatering recipes on her show and now in this cookbook Valerie’s Home Cooking.
This cookbook is exquisite! From the quality of the paper to the stories she shares and of course the recipes this is one cookbook that you will cherish.
One recipe I couldn’t resist trying from Valerie’s Home Cooking is the All-In-One Breakfast Smoothie. Mr. Mother Thyme and I LOVE our smoothies! Since we both work from home after we get the kiddos off to school he and I take a few minutes and enjoy a smoothie together before we both get to work. This smoothie is delicious and it is literally an all-in-one breakfast smoothie! It’s got your coffee, oats, honey, almond butter and even a little coconut oil! We’ve made this several times already and we’re loving it!
Valerie’s recipe using chocolate covered expresso beans and I’ve been substituting cacao nibs and it’s so good! I also use raw honey but any honey will do. If you love to start your day with a good smoothie you’ll want to add this your smoothie rotation!
You can find Valerie’s cookbook at a bookstore near you or my favorite way is on Amazon! Click HERE to take a peak inside this cookbook and even order yourself a copy today! (affiliate link)
All In One Breakfast Smoothie from Valerie’s Home Cooking
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 ripe bananas (peeled and frozen)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup brewed cold-brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans for serving
- 2 mint sprigs for serving (optional)
- Add bananas, ice, milk, coffee, oats, honey, almond butter, chopped chocolate covered espresso beans, coconut oil, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smoothie and creamy. Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with chocolate covered espresso beans and a sprig of mint.
Recipe reposted with permission from Valerie’s Home Cooking Cookbook.
I use cacao nibs in place of chocolate covered espresso beans.
I like to use raw honey but any honey will do.
Disclosure: I received a copy of Valerie’s Home Cooking cookbook for review. Compensation was not received in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.