Summer is winding down and the focus is turning to fall cooking and recipes. I was squeezing in a little bit of summer baking to freeze some goodies for those winter nights. This Blueberry Lemon Bread is one of those moist, breads that tastes like summer yet just as delicious to have any time of year.
I love this recipe with fresh blueberries so if you are thinking of trying this definitely use fresh blueberries if you can. The burst of fresh blueberries in this bread makes this the perfect companion to a cup of coffee or tea. Serve it for breakfast, for brunch or try it with some vanilla ice cream for a tasty dessert.
Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 5”x9” loaf pan.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest. Gradually add in flour mixture, alternating with milk until all combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour in to loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, mix confectioners sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over bread. Let dry and serve.