Most kids are back in school and some will be embarking on their first day back after this holiday weekend. Time to get ready for fall bake sales, kids slumber parties and Friday night football games.
Here is a great fall cookie recipe to bake and take while enjoy all the beauty that fall has to offer. These is a cross between a Sugar Cookie and a Snickerdoodle. I can’t classify these quite as a Snickerdoodle as it doesn’t have as much cinnamon or the cinnamon topping but they are so good. These are soft and chewy, with a hint of cinnamon. If you love sugar cookies and snickerdoodles, give these little cookies a try. Its like having a sugar cookie with a hint of cinnamon, hence the name Cinnamon Sugar Cookies.
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
These soft and chewy cookies are a cross between a sugar cookie and a snickerdoodle.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cream of tartar and set aside.
- Using an electric mix cream together butter, sugar and cinnamon until blended. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Make tablespoon size balls with dough and place on nonstick cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on wire rack.